Monday, January 19, 2009

A New Week



I just have to start by saying how lovely the weather is here in Montpellier! The temperature has been flirting with 50 for the past few days now. Hopefully, everyone back in Minnesota is enjoying the warm weather (all of 20 degrees!).

My weekend did not quite turn out as planned. On Saturday, I went to the Odysseum which is a newer part of town that has restaurants and things to do. My friend and I really wanted to visit the aquarium, but apparently it's closed from January 5th to January 24th - just my luck! I took a picture of the building anyways. I an not giving up, and I plan to return this weekend with some more friends. I will see the sharks and fish if it kills me! I think there is a planetarium as well...maybe we'll do some stargazing as well! Alors, at the last minute we ended up seeing a movie at the cinema Gaumont. The theater has 16 theaters and the comfiest seats I've ever sat in!

We ended up seeing Twilight. C'etait fantastique!!! I think I might even like the movie better in French. Some of the wording they used was different - but for the better. And Edward's voice was much more velvety or something like that. So now I have seen the movie six times!!! It just can't be helped - it's an addiction!

For lunch today I had 'un americain' which basically consists of hamburger in a baguette, a sauce of your choice, and french fries on top. I've seen these things everywhere. It's like there is some kind of cultural obsession with hamburger meat and french fries. In any case it's super tasty!

oh yeah, there were more protests in Montpellier! There seems to be one every weekend about something or another. This weekend people gathered to protest changes being put forth about highschools and the whole Gaza/Isreal crisis. However these protestors are always calling for restrictions on Israel and so on. I am 99% certain that the crowds consist of Palestinian immigrants living in Montpellier. Atleast they are peaceful!

No comments:

Post a Comment