Monday, January 26, 2009

quel weekend





Bonjour tout le monde!

I had such an action packed weekend. Let me tell you all about it (=

On Friday afternoon I took a train to Sete with some friends. It's a little fishing village right on the Mediterranean, with canals and lighthouses! We wandered around for about 30 minutes looking for the office de tourisme. On the way we stumbled across the largest metal octopus sculptue in the world. So if anyone ever asks you a trivia question about the location of the largetst metal octopus sculpture in the world you will know the answer: Sete!
Anyways, the city itself is perched on a hill and we thought we'd be adventurous and climb to the top. Mon dieu - I almost didnt make it! But in the end it was completely worth it. The view from the top was breathtaking. It was a cloudy, and sometimes rainy day; but we were prepared with our umbrellas!


On the way down the hill, we visited an enormous graveyard. It was eerie yet beautiful at the same time. Supposedly Paul Valery, the poet my campus is named after, was born and buried in Sete.
Malheureusement, we could not find his tomb. Before we left, we rambled out to the lighthouse and watched the waves crash against the rockts. It was un voyage magnifigue!


However, the next morning my feet and legs were so sore from that dastardly hill! It was worth it (=

Soon I will figure out how to post links to my photo albums directly into my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrisitne - Love the sound of the sea!!! I played it over and over again, wish I was there. Sete looks provencial!!!

    ReplyDelete