Hello! Sorry I haven't written in a while! It's been almost a month since my last post. My neighbor Sue e-mailed me and told me to get to work - so here i am! (-;
I am really adjusting to life in Montpellier. I am starting to feel like Humpty-Dumpty. I am starting to get a touch homesick, yet at the same time I know that I will really miss Montpellier when I leave.
My parents are in France for two weeks. It's amazing to have them here. They are renting a villa for the week, and it is the cutest little house I think I have ever seen in my life. My dad went camera crazy in the villa so I am sure you will all see the pics at some point!
My university, as well as many universities in France, are still on greve. Needless to say, I am starting to get a little frustrated with the French school system. The University of Minnesota program is making the students take additional classes to ensure that we are still learning and speaking French. I completely understand this concept, and see the validity. However, now I have four papers to write, in stead of just one because I only have one integrated course on greve. C'est la vie?
The weather here has been exceptionally fantastic. We have been flirting with 70's for the past two weeks! But, according to my host dad March should be rainy and 50's. I guess there's always a silver lining.
I currently trying to figure out my plans for spring break. We get two weeks off for Easter! I really can't believe it. These French kids don't know how good they've got it. Their schooling is basically free, the cafeterias are subsized by the government, and, each class meets once a week for about three hours!!! Oh mon dieu - it is going to be hard when I return to the U of M and have to actually work every day.
The above picture is from a day trip to Nimes with my friends. The amphitheater in Nimes is like the best preserved roman amphitheater in the world or something. I don't remember it's exact claim to fame, but it's impressive none the less. Walking around the arena really made me want to watch the movie Gladiator!
Yeah...I'm afraid that I am not very intersting or witty today. Oooh - except apparently I am allergic to France now. I can not figure out what it is, but some kind of plant here is killing me. Occasionally, I will be on the bus or walking down the street and have slight trouble breathing. I just think it is kind of fun to say that I am allergic to France cause I never have problems in the States!!!
Have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment