Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coucou!

Surprise! It's me again! The clock on my computer reads 9:57, but it feels more like 8:57 because we just had daylight savings time in France. And just incase you are curious, that means that it is 2:58 in the States and Mike is just getting home from school (-: I am in my room procrastinating a little bit. This is my last week of school before spring break, and then i have two weeks off!!!! Yay, France - they certainly believe in vacation. Here is my adventurous itenerary:
Marseille
Brussels
Milan
Bratislava
Vienna
Prague
Frankfurt, and then back
HOME in Montpellier!

I am really excited for all the new stamps that I am going to have in my passport. But anyways, so I should be memorizing a poem right now for my phonetics class tomorrow. Its so cute that I think I'll share it with you:

Grrr - Just kidding. The blog won't let me copy and paste anything. So if you are bored you can look it up. It's called "La cle des champs"

Let's see. Did I mention that I have a new room mate? Her name is Sadie and she is from Switzerland, but the part that speaks German (versus French, Swiss, or Italian). Having her here makes the whole experience better. We have a crazy amount of stuff in common and it also makes things more relaxed with my host family! It's refreshing to know that I am not the ony person obsessed with Twilight, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, asian dramas, as well as Ron Weasley!!! That's fate for ya!

This Saturday I had another outing with my school. It was disastrous. The whole day consisted of different boat tours. I could appreciate the beauty of the landscapes and whatnot. Or atleast I know that I would have had it not been raining, windy and about 50 degrees. I ended up getting sea sick on the ocean and was nacious for the rest of the day. It was one of those days where I just should have stayed in bed. Although, the one positive aspect of the day was that my friends and I had a hardcore Hearts tournament on the bus. Alas, I did not emerge victorious.

I have no idea where my parents are. I just recieve text messages every few hours with notes like: "Oh Christine we are in St. Raphael right now by the beach. It's so beatitul, you would love it!" I am so incredibly jealous because I always seem to be doing homework when i recieve one of said messages. Apparently they saw somebody famous filming a movie outside of Monte Carlo, but I'll let them tell about it! Alors, they fly back tomorrow to Minneapolis. A tiny part of me wishes that I could fly back too. I really love it here, but I'm starting to get a little home sick and a little stir crazy.

I look forward to shopping at Target, driving myself anywhere I want to go, making a purchase after 7pm, eating mexican food, singing outloud to music whenever I feel like it, and being able to shower standing up...oh, quelle reve magnifique!

Oh my, I think it's time to get back to work!

1 comment:

  1. Christine- I'm still laughing over your remark about standing up to take a shower!!! What is that all about??? When is this semester over? Glad you have a roommate now, should make for a more interesting day. Enjoy...... love, Grandma Gretchen

    ReplyDelete