
Coucou tous!
I just finished my third final of the week. Now I only have one more final and about twenty pages of writing. Bring it on France! So, I just took my first ever oral final, and in French nonetheless. The whole thing was very scary, i think I was actually trembling a bit. At the end my professeur that I had a really good accent but that I didnt know answers to some of the questions. Painful, but true! Generally I am just happy to be done. Three finals the week after spring break is really too much. And considering that i have slept a grand total of four hours in the past two nights, I dont think that I could have made anymore of an effort. C'est la vie. And, if this blog entry is a little nonsensical, just chalk it up to the sleep deprivation. After lunch, I can't decide if I want to head chez moi and sleep the day away or visite la plage (the beach)...sleep is really tempting.
Anyways, I only have a few weeks left in Montpellier. I can't believe it. I know I will really miss some things here, but I am starting to get a little homesick as well. Not until you leave a place do you realize how amazing it is - aka MINNESOTA! If I schedule properly, I still want to tour a vineyard, attend a rugby match, see another movie in french, and spend lots of time with my friends. That reminds me, I am getting along so well with my floor mate, Sadije. I think i spelled that right...jk, its Sadiye! And that's pronounced saw-dee-yay ! It's almost scary how well we get along and all of the things we have in common. I even got her addicted to asian dramas and now we both have prospective asian husbands (-:
Besides the little fiasco in Italy, the rest of my trip went very well. It's amazing to travel around Europe. I still find it incredible that one can just hop on a plane and be in a completely different country in a few hours with a totally different language and culture. I think my favorite places were Vienna and Milan. However, the Czech Republic was also tres cool parce que apparently I'm Bohemian!!! So while I toured the hrad Praha ( Prague castle) i pretended that my royal ancestors used to live there. It's the simple things, I tell you!
I hear the weather has been nice in Minnesota recently. yay, mother nature. it's starting to get hot here. the last few days it has been 80-85 degrees. Let's just say i'm pretty freckly with all of this sun!
Time to eat! I hope there is something tasty today!!
P.S. PICTURE GUIDE:
Mike He - newfound crush!
a gorgeous parc in Montpellier
le petit arche de Montpellier
Moi eating a tasty nutella crepe in Nimes
and a cool shot from the Palais des Papes in Avignon (the papal palace)
No comments:
Post a Comment